Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mango Sticky Rice

This is something we have tried several times at our favorite restaurant in Salt Lake--Thai Siam. I found a recipe that's ALMOST as good as theirs.

3 cups sticky rice, prepared (I used Jasmine)

Boil together:
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup sugar
a pinch of salt

Pour over the sticky rice.

Add 1-2 Tbsp of coconut oil (optional).

Mix and serve with fresh mangoes.

A few notes:
***Our version is quite a bit more runny than Thai Siam's. Next time I make it, I'll try to reduce the coconut milk and see if it thickens it up a little.

***I accidentally added 1 tsp of salt, because I was trying to make two different recipes at once. It didn't taste too salty, but next time, I think I'll try 1/2 tsp salt.




2 comments:

  1. We love that place! We'll have to try the recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm.. im so use to eating rice with salt, savory, spicy foods.
    ive never thought it could be good sweet.
    youve definitely made me curious enough to try this, thanks!! (:

    ReplyDelete