Friday, December 17, 2010

Great Harvest Fruit Bars


I'm posting this recipe that Jenny sent me- looks good!

"Fruit Bars that are pretty darn close to the ones at Great Harvest.

I haven't been able to find a recipe online for the Great Harvest fruit bars! So I have combined a couple of recipes and think these come really close. I wanted to post, because I'll bet there are a lot of other people looking for the recipe!"

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 T milk
about 1 1/2 cups fruit- fresh or frozen (at Great Harvest, they seem to put in whatever is in season- peaches, berries, cherries, rhubarb...)

Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well. Add dry ingredients. Once mixed, stir in the milk. Spread into a 9x13 pan that's been lined with parchment. Then sprinkle on the fruit- all one kind, or a mix. Cook at 350 for 30-35 minutes- the center will be a little spongy, but not soupy. And, if you use frozen fruit, it will take a little longer.

11 comments:

  1. I was craving their fruit bars and these did the trick! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last night and they turned out great! Everyone at work is asking me for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe they have coconut in them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. just tried this with a few added ingredients, coconut, (yes they have coconut in them) yogurt in place of milk and granola..used blueberries and strawberries as that is what I had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ingredients listed on the original Savannah Bars did NOT include cinn. or milk and did include baking powder (as well as baking soda) and coconut. I thought they tasted like they had graham in them and there is graham whole wheat flour but my store doesn't carry it. I made the above recipe with the following modifications: adding 1/4 c. coconut, 1/2 t baking powder and the total 1 3/4 c. flour broken down as 1c. whole wheat flour, 1/2 c. graham cracker "flour" (graham crackers processed in food processor) and 1/4 c white flour. I put oats and coconut in food processor for a bit to break them down a bit. Results: Tasted pretty darn close to the original however they were kinda dry due to cooking time of 30 min. being too long. Any one else have trouble with them being too dry ? I did use the milk. Next time add more and back off baking time to 20-25 min. Any suggestions ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can one used dried fruit in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like savana bars. Been eating them for 5 yrs. Need recipe. I have alot of fruit

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are the real deal! Just delicious. I tried putting in baking powder as well, like someone suggested, but I could taste it and did not like it. Also, not all the bars had coconut. Some had coconut; some did not. I preferred the ones without the coconut, so this recipe was perfect for me. I used all whole wheat pastry flour, instead of part white/part wheat, and they were great! Thanks so much for this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does anyone know if it is quick eats or long cook ones?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I bought some of the bars from great harvest this weekend. I noticed coconut in the rhubarb strawberry ones.

    ReplyDelete