Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yogurt Biscuits


I gave up on baking powder biscuit-making a while ago. They always turned out so dry that we had to put gravy or something on them to make them edible. Until, voilá! I found this recipe. They're easy to make, and they are very moist. The photo above is 2X the original recipe. (You may note in the corner where my husband snuck one of the biscuits before I could get a picture...).

*1 cup plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
*1 1/2 tsp baking powder
*1/2 tsp salt
*1/4 tsp baking soda
*2 Tbsp cold margarine
*1/2 cup plain yogurt
*1 tsp sugar
*1/2 tsp milk

In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in margarine until crumbly. Combine yogurt and sugar; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 4-5 times. Place on a baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray; pat into a 6x4" rectangle. Cut into square biscuits (do not separate biscuits). Brush tops with milk. Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6 biscuits.

1 comment:

  1. Liz, I had the same problem with biscuits! I ended up adding lots of extra shortening, but I would like to try this- looks good and I like the way you baked them all together in one dish.

    ReplyDelete