Friday, December 4, 2009

My Mom's Rice Pudding

2 well-beaten eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/3 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup raisins (naturally we leave this out, since Nate doesn't like raisins)
sprinkle of nutmeg

Combine eggs, sugar and salt. Add to milk. Add rice and vanilla and raisins. Grease casserole dish lightly. Place in shallow pan of hot water. Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours.

*** Elizabeth and I made this once when we were in college. When we took it out of the oven, we could tell that something was wrong. It was like a crispy rice pancake. Then we realized that we have forgotten milk. We thought it was pretty funny.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I am going to try this tomorrow, I'll let you know how it turns out. Last time I made rice pudding it was curdled like scrambled eggs so I hope this time it works! (That's a funny story about you and Liz!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I forgot you were living with me when that happened. I can't eat rice pudding without thinking of it!

    ReplyDelete