Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Roast

I made this last night for dinner. It is really basic, but it turned out super yummy and used ingredients that I already had on hand.

1 boneless chuck roast 
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet onion soup mix
2 cups water

Combine all ingredients in the crock pot. I fried the roast in some oil before putting it into the crock pot. My roast was frozen, so I cooked it on high for 6 hours and it was perfect. We used the gravy on rice, but it would be tasty on potatoes or noodles, too.

2 comments:

  1. I actually wondered if there was a good way to do the gravy without having to boil it afterward, so I am definitely going to try this!
    Thanks MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this before but without the brown gravy mix. I bet that makes it so much better. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete