Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lime Chicken Fajitas!




Who doesn't like fajitas? These are so good, that the next night after we had them I said to Mark- is it wrong if we have fajitas again? and he said - no! I'll make them! 
Well, I wasn't going to argue with that!

 You will need:
4 boneless chicken thighs, sliced
1 lime
1 lg onion, sliced into large round slices
1 gr. pepper or red in slices
two cloves fresh garlic
olive oil
1 pkg. flour or corn fajita tortillas

Sour Cream
1 Avocado
Pico de Gallo (see below)


In a large frying pan  heat several Tbs. olive oil. Add 1 crushed garlic clove and the sliced onion. After a minute or two, add the peppers.
Add salt and pepper, fry till the onions and peppers are brown on the edges and carmelized.
Remove from pan. 
Add chicken and another Tbs. olive oil. Add the other clove of crushed garlic. Season with salt and pepper and juice of one lime. Fry until chicken slices are well-done and starting to get a little crispy and brown. (This is why you are using dark meat, not light, the meat will not dry out too much).
Toss with onions and peppers and spoon all into a serving dish. 
Heat your tortillas. Call everyone to the table, and serve with sour cream, a slice of avocado and Pico de Gallo. This is what mine looked like just before I gobbled it up!



Mmmmm it was good!
 

Pico de Gallo Recipe

I just started making this stuff and I could eat it everyday. So fresh and tasty!

1/2 lg onion, minced
1 Tomato
Tbs/ Lime or lemon juice
few Tbs. fresh cilantro (more is better!)
salt & pepper




8 comments:

  1. These look so good. I actually thought about making them right now but since we had dinner about a hour ago, I think I'll make them tomorrow. YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay these pictures are making my mouth water! I am just going to have to bust these out tonight for dinner, and surprise Zack!! I am so excited that I have an awesome idea for dinner now, THANK YOU!! Mmmmmmm, I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my idea of good food! I'm not sure if Mike would volunteer to make them the next night, though. I want these, right now. (9:40 AM)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh by the way, Mark says when he made it he really used four cloves of garlic. Anyway, it's almost impossible to go too far on the garlic so use as much as you want. And sometimes I put it in the Pico to give it a kick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone once told me "never trust food that talks". Hmmmm, I might have to abandon that life long motto ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay these are seriously amazingly good! This has made it to our top 5 favorite recipes in our house! I made these last night and my husband and I could not stop eating them! And, just like you said Hailey, today when we were driving home discussing what to have for dinner tonight... well we have decided to make a repeat of last nights meal these are seriously that good! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! I'm really excited to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete