Thursday, May 28, 2009

Light and Lovely Lemon Dressing

More and more I find that I just don't really like the salad dressings from the store, they are too heavy and intense for me. So when we have mixed greens I like to make my own concoction to go with them. This is one of my favorites. Basically it's just:

1/3 c. olive oil
1/4 c. lemon juice
several spoonfuls of sugar till it's sweet enough for you
dash salt and pepper
Put ingredients in a jar, put the lid on and shake vigorously.

You can adjust the amount to however much you want to make. Nice to put on your salad greens from the garden. Add some fresh grated parmesan for extra taste.

4 comments:

  1. wow - that looks easy. i'm excited to try. i liked the npr interview too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about store-bought dressings. I'll have to try this! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything with a lemon in it. What a great blog! Will you add me so I can post the Dal recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds perfect and light for the upcoming months of summer salads. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete