Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tuna Melt - Gourmet Style

The other day I made a yummy discovery.
Something as simple as a tuna melt can be made into a culinary masterpiece just my adding some sliced purple onions! I mixed up the tuna salad with mayo, salt and pepper, spread it generously on my favorite whole grain bread, placed sliced purple onion on the tuna, and sharp Tillamook cheddar cheese to top it off. I baked it at 400 until the cheese started to melt and the bread was getting toasty on the bottom. Then I turned it to broil for a few minutes to grill the onion. Watch it close cause it doesn't take long! Man, it was good! Experiment with a variety of cheeses, I bet it would be tasty with canned salmon too. Next I'm going to try it topped with fresh tomato slices.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, I now realize how boring my sandwiches are. This looks good, can't wait to get some red onions and try it!

    ReplyDelete